Our plans for December 2020, now that we’re in Tier 3 again
1. We will still provide a fresh Sunday Worship video each week in partnership with West Lane Baptist Church.
This is accessible from the front page of our churches’ websites by a single click, and the audio of the most recent service is accessible by a normal rate phone call 01535 286387.
Here is our Christingle one for the Third Sunday of Advent (it will be available to view after 10.30 am on Sunday 13th December):
And here is the one for the Second Sunday of Advent:
2. We will now also provide an actual Sunday Service in each church each week Covid-safely; people sit well apart and leave without socialising.
9.30 am St James’, Cross Roads ) the same service
11.00 pm St Michael’s, Haworth ) will be repeated
3.30 pm St Gabriel’s, Stanbury ) three times
6 December Reflective Morning Worship for the start of Advent
13 December Holy Communion as a personal Christmas preparation
20 December All Age mini-celebration with Christingle elements
(space limited at St Gabriel’s so let us know to ‘book’)
27 December Reflective Morning Worship for Christmas week
3 January Holy Communion as dedication for the New Year
3. We again provide an actual simple mid-week Holy Communion each week; people sit well apart and leave without socialising.
10.30 am St James’, Cross Roads each Wednesday
(but no longer an extra Friday lunchtime service at St Michael’s)
4. We will work hard at planning and then announcing as good a pattern of Christmas services as we can manage.
These will be announced on our websites, Facebook and church doors as soon as we can. There are also eight Christmas posters with carol QR codes going up both in Main Street, Haworth and central Cross Roads,
5. We will still hold our annual meetings for both parishes very briefly after one of our morning Communion services; people sit well apart and leave without socialising. Papers will be available in advance for all who request them even if they will not attend – any comments will be reported to what we expect will be small number attending the half-hour meetings.
Cross Roads parish 11.10 a.m. Wednesday 17 Dec at St James’
Haworth parish 11.45 a.m. Sunday 13 Dec at St Michael’s
6. We are really sorry that we are not allowed to keep St Michael’s open for tourists while in Tier 3; we are hugely grateful to the Friends’ of the Brontë Church and our own team of Church Tour Guides who enabled us to do so on many days when we were in Tier 2.