The Parish of Haworth Parochial Church Council has formally adopted the Church of England House of Bishop’s Safeguarding policy for children, young people and adults.
If you have any concerns, contact the Churchwarden (Peter Breed 01535 646873, firstname.lastname@example.org), or our Safeguarding officer (Marilyn Prince 01535 645045). The person responsible in our part of the diocese of Leeds (Carla Darbyshire 0113 355 0257) or Social Services (01274 437500 for children, 435400 for adults or 431010 out of hours). If there is an immediate risk or danger contact the police on 101
- We will promote a safer environment and culture.
- We will safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- We will respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- We will care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- We will respond to those that may pose a present risk.